We raise our cows on rich Hubbardston pastures. It is available three or four times per year, based on the optimal condition of our cows. All meat is vacuum-sealed in clear wrap, and flash frozen at a U.S.D.A. inspected slaughterhouse. Cuts of meat are identified on each package.
How to OrderA few times a year, we will announce that it’s time to order. Here is when you’ll find out the price per pound, and a general sense of when the beef will be ready for pickup. The minimum order is 25 pounds; about the size of a breadbox. This will typically include:
- One roast (3-5 lbs)
- An assortment of steaks
- One pound of stew beef or kabobs
- Ten to twelve packages of ground beef (one pound each)
- Allow meat to thaw completely; do not cook partially frozen.
- Preheat grill, pan, or oven before cooking.
- Cook with oil or marinate (due to the lower fat content).
- Cook using low heat.
- Do not overcook; use a meat thermometer.
- Remove from heat when 10° below desired temperature.